We spent Thanksgiving at home this year. Oliver is feeling better but not quite ready for traveling. Since we were doing our own thing we decided we make a tradition of going around the table and saying what we are thankful for.
We are SO thankful for the fabulous Thanksgiving dinner that was given to us. Virginia & Emily made us an entire feast. I’m talking a whole turkey, stuffing, candied yams, potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, Bavarian jello, rolls, pumpkin pie….am I forgetting anything? Tom & Virginia brought it all over to our house Wednesday night. After they left we just stared at it in amazement. We love you guys!
We’re thankful that Oliver is doing so much better. The muscle spasms are gone and turning him isn’t as hard on him as it was. He’s off of Valium and almost done with Lortab (both taste terrible!). He’s been so patient through it all. It’s SO good to see him smiling more often! Also, Aunt Linda had an awesome idea to put him in a bean bag. He's been able to be more comforable in different positions so thank you!
I’m thankful that I’m well again. I caught a flu bug that thankfully only last 24 hours. The entire day I only managed to eat about 6 saltines. I thought I would miss out on Thanksgiving dinner for sure. However, yesterday morning I woke up feeling completely recovered. Yay! Candied Yams!
Some things on Isabelle's list of things she's greatful for: macaroni & cheese, painting, coloring, Oliver, the best parents in the world (she's smart, isn't she? lol), and pbskids.org.

7 comments:
We love you guys too! Looks like the turkey turned out splendidly - even though you were sorely missed at the cabin!
I'm so happy to see the pics of Oliver smiling! That makes my heart feel better! :)
I am amazed by Oliver! He seems like a tough little guy. I hope you are doing good too! I can't imagine the stress of taking care of him like that... I'm glad he's feeling a little better.
I'm glad Oliver is feeling better. The bean bag is such a great idea, I'm sure it takes some of the pressure off, I can't imagine having to be in a cast like that.
Wonderful post! Turkey feast delivered? Your are indeed loved! So good that Oliver is doing better..what a trooper!!
Looks like a great Thanksgiving! That meal looks fantastic. :) I am so glad little Oliver is feeling better.
nice dinner!! that's awesome! Do they deliver to Draper?? hehe
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you guys are doing better!
I'm so glad that oliver can smile agian, the pictures from that first day just busted my heart in two when I saw them! You are such a trooper for being so positive through this, You are definitely a better person than I am! Hope all is going well this blustery day.
Post a Comment