You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
~Franklin P. Jones
Exhibit A:
I’m washing Isabelle’s hair in the bath tub when Oliver walks in holding a stuffed toy dog. He’s panting on behalf of his comrade and beginning to lift him into the tub for a drink. I quickly throw out, “Uh oh! Puppy wants to stay dry. No stuffed animals in the water. Ok?” Oliver nods accordingly, smiles sweetly ands walks out. As I return to washing Isabelle’s hair I’m quite pleased with the exchange…until I see that dog plunk into the water and sink. I turn to see my impressively stealthy toddler smiling at his work.
Exhibit B:
It doesn’t matter how many times he’s eaten his meal without making a mess. Sometimes he just needs to remember what happens when he paints with food.
Exhibit C:
Me: That memory card is full? Isabelle, did you take pictures with our camera?
Isabelle: No, you said not to touch the camera unless you say it’s ok.
Among dozens of other random pictures there was this little piece of work.
Exhibit D:
For obvious reasons I don’t let Isabelle use nail polish without me. I don’t suppose she thought I’d suspect her in the case of Oliver's glittery foot!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Why Children Cannot Be Trusted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Ah, the classic, "Mom will be gone for one second so I'm going to do as much damage as I can in that time frame" game. Yeah, I think every mom hits the wall around the 2nd or 3rd go at thet game per day.
Yay to you for documenting them though! Your kids will always have pictures to prove you weren't lying!
ah! they are sooo sneaky! but super cute.. so what are you gonna do?? lol I love the self-portrait of Is, what a doll, and puppy need baths dang it ;)
That is too funny. (As long as I'm not dealing with it, of course.) I think that picture of Isabelle is really cute, you've got a budding photographer! I love the smile kids get when they know they worked around the system.
What creative and sneaky kids you've got!
HAHA!! I love the self portrait and the nail polish. You can't stay mad at your kids when they have such cute faces!
What cute kids! That's the best thing about kids...there is never a dull moment!
hee hee, so great!
Too funny. Sounds like my life when my boys were younger!
Sounds like my life these days. Seriously. Im glad my son isnt the only one who needs to smear or throw food everywhere for no good reason.
Check out what happened when Maggie got a hold of my camera!
http://kurtnanna.blogspot.com/2007/05/bbq-and-pics.html
GREAT pictures and text, Rusti! Such fun writing. Oliver is sooo handsome and grown up! He's like the perfect little combo of you and R.J.
My goodness! Your kiddos are hilarious! Rewards of being a mom!
Too funny. they're such a gas aren't they? the ones that try desperately to remind us that clean is over rated, and that sanity is always short lived. I do have to compliment the self portrait. scrapbook that one.
My mom says that is what keeps us young... whatever! It is what makes me get gray hair.
We're totally lame friends and haven't called you back. I'm going to Las Vegas this week and staying until next Thursday. Maybe we can get together the week after that?
Tee hee! This made me laugh!!! LOVED the glittery feet. :)
Ahhh...I know these feelings all too well.
That puppy's never gonna smell the same, you know! :)
This post cracks me up. Unfortunately I can relate on many levels. The nail polish is a hoot- who doesn't love a little glitter on their feet?
Post a Comment