Thursday, September 4, 2008

Did I Expect Angels?


I went to bed at 3am Tuesday night (or should I say Wednesday morning?) after finishing Did I Expect Angels? by Kathryn Maughan. I loved the book! Loved it! I cried. And then I laughed. And then I cried some more. At first I cried because I just felt so heartbroken but then I cried because I just felt so grateful. Grateful for the things the book illuminated for me.

The best part about it all? Getting to talk to the author (!!!) who called in from New York to answer questions and talk with my book club! How cool is that?! Kathryn, thank you so much! Hearing your insights and getting to share my own with you has made me love the book even more. Now, about a sequel.... ;)

Check out her website. And her blog.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Wow!! How did they hook that up? That's pretty amazing!

Kristi said...

That's awesome you were able to talk to the author!! I will have to check this book out.

Amanda said...

That WAS fun! Highlight of my week...!

Michelle said...

I never did read the book... but still loved talking to the author. I need to get a copy of it so I can read it. Also, I read "Goose Girl" and really loved it. It's a good story.

carey said...

Holy cow, what kind of cool book club do you have?! A personal conversation with the author?>> THAT's my kind of discussion!

Sharla said...

Just in time-- I need a new book! It also sounds like I need a new, fancier book club with sweet hookups. :)

John and Heidi said...

I see on the side that you have goose Girl listed. I have not read it yet, but plan to. Shannon Hale is one of Stephenie Meyers favs. We have a book club on TwlightMoms and Stephenie Meyer is the one who picks the monthly read. I thought I saw Goose Girl in there a few months back. I need to get caught up.

Lizz said...

Seriously! That is awesome! I will have to read the obok! I did read Goose Girl (and Enna Burning and Princess Academy, also by the same author...and maybe one more) Fun stories, you'll enjoy them.

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

I am going to have to read this book now! I love hearing about good, new books to read.
That's pretty freakin' AWE--SOME she even called to talk about her book.
- Tiff

Lindsay said...

I love to get good book recommendations! I think I'm going to have to buy that book....unless it's really sad. because I don't like REALLY sad books, I'm kind of a wimp like that!