Monday, June 1, 2009

Meanwhile...

First of all, since I haven't updated since the race, I have to say that it was awesome! Favorite moment- getting flat out smoked by a 70+ year old breast cancer survivor. No lie. It was quite an honor.


Oh, and when I came home I found this in my master bathroom:


***angles singing hallelujah***



We've been a one toilet family for... let me check...almost a year! With four people, two of them with the ability to time their bladders to signal emergency only when the bathroom is occupied by someone else, it was getting problematic. The builders who built our house didn't make replacement easy. RJ, you've made me very, very happy!

I finally, fiiiiiiinally, found a bed for Oliver. No longer does he sleep on a pile of comforters on the floor. He actually liked the floor but it certainly wasn't making me feel like 'mother of the year.' I'm really happy with it and it was a great price. I got it at Cuddle Haven, which is a new fav. Now, I've got to find (or make) a cute bedspread.



Our yard has gotten a lot of our extra time (if there is such a thing). Last year, our yard was SO sad looking. Grubs killed a good portion of our grass and we lost a major war with weeds. This year is a huge improvement. I don't have to wait until no one is around to I pull into our garage. {{Before and after pics will be posted in a month or so when we have some plants in.}}

More to come, lots and lots on my to do list today.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay for the new toilet! (I can't believe it was really a YEAR!)

LOVE the bed! Seriously, way cute - and the nightstand too!

Nelson said...

Love the bed.
You have great taste.
Looking forward to seeing yard pics.

Ware Family said...

Wow, you are brave--one toilet! Let's put it in the past and forget it ever happened :)
I love the new furniture, it looks really nice, good picks!

Hannah said...

Love the new bed!

Steph said...

I love to read your blog!

carey said...

Congrats on the new toilet. Truly a reason to celebrate! (we had one for four. long. years.)

Amanda said...

You guys are kicking some serious behind over there!

Jaynan said...

I love the new bed. It's definitely worth the wait to find what you really want and for the right price.
I can really relate to the toilet thing. Although my parents have three other bathrooms upstairs, we only have one in our "apartment" here. As soon as one of us gets into the shower, one of the kids suddenly starts their "emergency" knocking.