I've been sans internet for far too long. The withdrawls aren't getting any easier to deal with either. Email is my morning coffee. Blogging my asprin. Message boards my yoga... You get the idea. *sigh* My laptop is dead. And I'm not talkin soap-opera-alive-again-eventually dead. It's plain gone. I have my suspicions that the death involved Mr. Oliver with a Cup of Water in the Master Bedroom. Thanks to our extended warranty (big pat on the back to RJ for that one) my replacement lifeline shouldn't been too much longer. I'm using RJ's work laptop here for a moment in an effort to add some interest to this sad sad blog.
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns for book club. A great fiction about two women in Afghanastan over a 30+ year period. I feel like I "get" the culture better since reading it. Very enlightening. It made for very good discussion. Next month is The Host, which I've already read, and I'm really looking forward to discussing. Those of you in my area who aren't in this book club need to jump in. Please. :)
I also just finished another round of cards for card group. I do mean just finished. Even though we only meet every 4 months, I wait until the night before to make all 30 cards. What's up with that?!
I needed some birthday cards more fitting for kids so I made these (the inside says "Hope your birthday ROCKS!"):
Also, I designed invites for Tricia's baby shower. She has three adorable boys and now has a girl on the way. (Sorry, not the best pic since the colors are muted and well, I don't have camera skills. They turned out so sweet though.)
Isabelle got a super cute haircut at the Cookie Cutter. She sat in a pink car and enjoyed a sucker while watching a movie. It was so much fun for her and there was no stress for me. Totally worth it. On the drive there I realized she never had more than a few inches cut off at a time before. I asked if she was worried about cutting her hair short to which she responded, "No, I want to cut it like Oliver's". No worres about attachment I guess. I did convince her to get a more feminine version of short hair and it looks pretty dang adorable if you ask me!
Work is finally becoming more reasonable for RJ who's been working 16+ hours a day for months. It's actually a little weird to have him back. Suddenly we have a lot more time together. Which we've totally been productive with. Watching 2 seasons worth of 24 in 12 days is productive, right? Well, we certainly think so.
Also in recent days, this:
Blogworthy? I say yes.

20 comments:
I once killed my own laptop by accidentally shaking an open slim fast all over it. It was really sad/embarrassing!
My husband and I have been catching up on 24...we watch the seasons a little fast too, I won't tell how few days it took to watch season three!
I would go crazy w/o my PC! Poor you!
That hair cut is adorable!!!
That strawberry is way impressive and totally blog-worthy. (did you snarf it right up? I would have, dipped in chocolate, of course).
Okay! That was a totally fun post to read!! Sorry about the laptop, and Isabelle's hair is so cute and that strawberry was HUGE- forget the shortcake! You are a creative genius- I can't wait to read your first punlished book as well...
I so totally feel your pain with the computer! I hope that it comes very, very soon.
Cute haircut!!! You could do a whole pie with that STRAWBERRY.
Yay, an update! Sorry about the computer.
Love it when large ticket items die, don't you???
I love the new do, it's cute!
just visiting via blog surfing. just wanna say those baby shower invites are way cute!
Cute cards! What did you use to cut the guitars? I would love to hear more about your book club. I was in one a while ago, but mostly just as a visitor. Also, if you have an opening in your card group, I would love to join.
I love Isabelle's hair. Ashlyn has a similar haircut...but self inflicted and corrected by mom...so I need a serious trip to cookie cutters. I am glad she had a good experience.
Computer issues....i could just scream a horror movie scream for you. My hubby just got a new computer and my past 6 years of hard work are dormant, hoping they will be important enough to eventually transfer to the new pc. If you haven't eaten your goliath strawberry yet, I would like to ask it why it took all the growth and left nothing for my puny little seedlings. Great post. I need to stop now.
Good to have you back around, if only for a brief moment! Hope you get your new computer pronto!
Im so glad you are alive and being artistic... you are sooo good at it. Ill be glad to have you back when you get your new laptop.
Yay! You're back!
A few comments -
*Love the cards! Especially the baby shower one - SO cute!
*I'm still dying over Isabelle's haircut! I LOVE IT!
*That's one creepy strawberry!
I've missed you so, and I am glad you are back.
PM me your address and I'll send a small jar of jam for you to try.
k- you should SERIOUSLY open an etsy shop- your cards are amazing! i love the guitar ones, especially.
Isabelle's hair is sooooo darling! i want my hair to look like that.
Hi Rusti!
I wanted to say that I love Tricia's shower invites. I actually called Amanda and left a message about how much I loved them (assuming she made them). When I saw them on your blog I thought I had better tell you!
Great job! (and funny blog!)
Steph (Sister Y.)
Rusti.......You are simply the best! The shower invites are so adoreable! So many little pieces to it. I don't know how you do it. You gals have gone to so much effort for me and it seriously is so humbling! I can't wait for Wed. night! I am TOTALLY looking forward to it! LOVE YA!!
Why did bloglines only NOW recognize this as a new post? Psh. So lame. I swore I saw Isabelle's haircut before, and alas, I'm sure I did when I read this before.
No internet sucks! BUt I bet you're being uber productive!
That hair cut is great.
I haven't read the Host yet but I am looking forward to it. We just read Uglies by Scott Westerfield and I LOVED IT! It is a series you should totally check out.
And that strawberry looks like it had a host of its own.
so that's where you've been!!! this is unacceptable! lol, we need to get you wired up again, I'm going thru Rusti withdrawl!
oh, and i LOVE her hair!
i want to get my haircut at that place!!!! did you eat the strawberry in the end?
Post a Comment