Well, I'm officially back to blogging. I'll admit I'm pretty intimidated by the amount of updates there are to read. Could all of you in blogland slow down a bit? Thanks.
Since my last update we celebrated Isabelle's birthday. We spent it at the family cabin (one of her most favorite places) and she had a blast. That girl got some awesome stuff! To top the list- A bike! Now she can properly bike with friends. The tricycle isn't so cool when you're 5. She was so happy she wore her helmet and pads the entire weekend! She even napped in them!
{Thank you Emily for taking all of these adorable pictures!}
Somehow, Isabelle does seem older than last week when she was only a four year old. Now, at five years old, she seems more mature. She really impressed me at her check up Monday. She followed all instructions like a pro. And when it was time for them to give the poor girl 4 immunizations, she laid back and said, “It’s time to be brave.” And she was, especially when she had a reaction to one of them and got a softball-sized area of swollen, itchy skin!
I could never fully express how much I love this girl. Yes, I’m biased but I think this girl is impressive. She’s so brilliant, and hilarious, and quirky (I love that), sweet, thoughtful, just a blast to hang out with. She was the easiest baby. People were always astonished by how happy and calm she was. I would always hear that I was the luckiest mom. I knew she was pretty easy but I think I finally “got it” after going through Oliver’s “normal” baby behavior. Even though she likes to present a challenge here and there, she still is pretty easy to deal with. I’m a very lucky mom. I love, love, love my sweet girl!
I could never fully express how much I love this girl. Yes, I’m biased but I think this girl is impressive. She’s so brilliant, and hilarious, and quirky (I love that), sweet, thoughtful, just a blast to hang out with. She was the easiest baby. People were always astonished by how happy and calm she was. I would always hear that I was the luckiest mom. I knew she was pretty easy but I think I finally “got it” after going through Oliver’s “normal” baby behavior. Even though she likes to present a challenge here and there, she still is pretty easy to deal with. I’m a very lucky mom. I love, love, love my sweet girl!

12 comments:
She just glows with a happy, sweet quirky, girl-next-door kind of look. Lucky mom. Lucky girl.
welcome back, rusti! we've missed you.
that cake is AMAZING! holy gaucamole! also, you are totally, 100% correct when it comes to describing isabelle. she is hilarious! i loved getting a little peek of her funny personality at that woman's baptism a few months back.
highlight: almost yelling to R.J., "I am whispering!"
She is so stinkin cute! Looks like a good birthday.
Oh, that cake! How cute! Isabelle does seem older all of the sudden.. it's the bike!
Happy #5 Little Isabelle! I love the cake, so cute! Such a cute girl she is!
Yay for two wheelers!!
Happy b-day Isabelle!
She is so adorable and sweet, we love her a lot!
P.S. I love her new haircut!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE!
Can you believe how fast that's gone?? She is SUCH a cutie! And I love the cake! :)
She is adorable! I can't believe she is five! I remember when you were pregnant with her! That makes me feel old! :)
Oh my heck. That cake is so cute! As is Isabelle, I might add. She is adorable.
happy birthday isabelle!
Rusti, I love that cake! You might just have to pm me and let me know how you made it!!
That looks like a fun party! I keep putting that pan in my shopping cart and then putting it back. I do believe seeing it on your table has put me over the edge!
Post a Comment