Saturday, July 12, 2008

Neglect Much

I've had a thousand ideas for posts swirling around in my head. Admittedly, most of it blog fodder, but entertaining still. And there's been lots of good stuff going on around here, even some amusing bad stuff. (You know you're addicted to blogging when everything you do gets judged by whether or not it's blogworthy.)

So why the neglect? I blame Tina! ;) Today was our kids photo session with
Tina Miera, our favorite barefoot photographer. So naturally, I look through my kids wardrobe and decide in true female fashion that there is absolutely nothing for them to wear. As a result, I spent the last four days shopping and stressing with every spare second. RJ even took the day off work Friday to stay home with kids so I could shop more efficiently. Isn't he awesome?! I found some cute things and they looked adorable. I remembered today just how great Tina is though. It almost doesn’t matter what they show up in. She always gets great shots that show their personalities.

I’ll post a link to the sneak peak when she posts it. Here's last years family session. Thanks Tina!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I hear you--I spend waaaay too much time worrying about clothes and matching and all that jazz. Your husband is awesome for staying homne with the kids. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. I get a vision in my head before the family pics and if it isn't exactly right, I'll postpone the session until I can find just what I'm looking for. I've actually done that, and I'm pretty sure I cried over it!

Danielle said...

oooh! I can't wait to see them!!

Lupe said...

I'm so impressed that your husband grasps the importance of your mission to stay with the kiddos! :)

Christina said...

I love new pics of my kids. Can't wait for the sneak peeks. I bet they look great!

Jaynan said...

Portrait appointments REALLY stress me out. I'm sure yours turned out beautifully though. You have such great fashion sense, your kids are adorable, and Tina's pictures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally feel your pain. We just had our family pictures taken two weeks ago and I stressed over clothing for seriously weeks! I visited every baby gap, gymboree, carters etc in this valley and couldn't find anything.. because of course we all had to look somewhat cordinated. We ended up using a dress and a few outfits the photographer brought! I was so stressed out that day!

Tamara

Mindi said...

i just loved the photos of the feet--adorable.

your family is beautiful!

Young People in Love said...

ooooo can't wait to see them!

Young People in Love said...

yikes- i just realized how strikingly similar my comment is to danielle's. scary.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never been blamed for a shopping trip before! I hope it was worth it- your sneak peak is up!