Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School

(or Reason #1 Why I Haven’t Been Blogging)

Isabelle started Kindergarten last week! To my total shock she's doing very well with the transition. She’d been really excited to go since preschool let out. I was sure, though, that by the end of the first day she'd change her mind, continuing the pattern from the two years of preschool. She’s very outgoing but in large groups she’s put outside of her comfort zone. We still get sad eyes and pleas to stay when it's time to go to Primary. I’m so proud and pleased that she’s not complained once! Yay!!

Ready to go to Kindergarten


She has afternoon class from 12:37 (how random is that time?) to 3:30. I’m finding it’s difficult to get anything done outside of my house during the week. I don’t dare go anywhere because I know I’ll be late to drop her off or pick her up or to get in a nap for Oliver (and honestly, sometimes I need a nap too). We’re not used to being so tied down to our home. It bites. Enough said.

A major pro: Isabelle’s teacher is fantastic! Among other merits she’s been so great with Isabelle. Today when I asked how she was doing she told me that things were going really well, she’s learning the class routine and getting better at it each day. In our conversation she referred to her as a “free spirit”. It was almost comical for me to see someone else observe that. She truly is.



"My first day was a piece of cake!" treat


Isabelle’s favorite part of Kindergarten? Recess!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. I love her backpack! That's for sure a random start time. At least they let them out at a normal time.

Kizzie said...

How cute is she?! I hate having things in the middle of the day, I totally feel like I can't go anywhere before, and after is getting too late! And I'm not going to sacrifice nap time for anything!
She's so cute though! I hope she keeps doing well with it!

Danielle said...

WOW! I can't believe you have a Kindergartener! Congrats to Isa on how great she's doing! :) She's got to be the cutest kid in her class, so i'm sure that helps ;)

Emily said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Max came over behind me and yelled "Iz-belle!" :)

Michelle said...

Kindergarten is so great... but yes you are totally tied down because it's so short of a time. I am curious who her teacher is since you said she was so great. We loved our teacher last year!

Tanya said...

She's growing up so fast! I can't believe she's in kindergarten already. What an excited cutie she is on the first day of school.

P.S. Did you cry that first day?

carey said...

what a cutie! Funny, our release time is 3:11....wouldn't it be easier to just round down to the 10?

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

holy mackrel. kindergarten??? I just about fell off my little swivel chair. totally forgot she was that big. way to go isabelle!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a cute little Kindee-gartener! My girl starts next week too and I have mixed emotions.

We have the same back pack and I love it! The lady at Gymboree told me that they are sold out nation wide, so we got lucky!

John and Heidi said...

Wow!! kindergarten already! Last year Jarren was in Kindergarten and I know the pain of afternoon class. You never seem to get anything done. But it is so much fun.

Mindi said...

SCHOOL: it's a beautiful thing.

Sharla said...

Now that is one cute little kindergartener! And recess is awesome.

Steph said...

What a cutie! I love that first picture of her.
Did you cry when you dropped her off? I'm already getting teary thinking about Zach going and it is a YEAR away!
I'm glad she's doing so great!

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

Kindergarten is so fun! Love your pics-cute backpack. Afternoon Kindergarten can be a pain, but the year will fly by so fast that will forget what a pain it is.

Hannah said...

weird scheduales? Puh-leeze. You don't know ANYTHING about weird scheduales until you go to Clayton. Period. Cute backpack! I remember my first day of kindergarten.