Monday, September 22, 2008

Mind If I Finish That?


Food and I have a love/hate relationship. Love to eat it. Hate to cook it. Even thinking about what to make for dinner stresses me out. And I am certainly not one to make things from scratch. I'll use the time-saving mix, thank you. However, all previous comments are null and void when it comes to parties. I'm insanely into details and often go overboard. For Emily's bridal shower I didn't sleep at all the night before because I stayed up making and baking 8 different desserts from scratch. I call this my Mrs. Hyde mode.

It was in this mode that I made Rustic Berry Crostada's for RJ's birthday. Serving them warm with a little vanilla ice cream on the side was perfect for the cooler weather. The were so good! Even I didn't mess this up. Seriously, try them.

11 comments:

Emily said...

They were pretty dang good!

I bet you only chose them cause they have your name in there...

Danielle said...

MAN, those look good :D

oh, and when i first read the name i saw "Rusti's" not "Rustic" lol

Anonymous said...

You can totally use the ashman ones in your scentsy burner. They smell just as good too.

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

those look awesome! they seem like the perfect treat for the fall time! i am the same way though - I think we should get a group together to make 'pre-made meals' and swap!

All8 said...

That looks fabulous!!! Thanks for the recipe too.

Mindi said...

HATE to cook. LOVE to have someone cook for me. and i wouldn't even dare attempt to make something as exotic as "crostadas".....wow!

Tanya said...

Yum..........that looks so good!!! Thanks for sharing. And ya, you do go overboard/all out for parties. I love hearing about what you make when you have people over.

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

bring on the recipe!!! jamandack@hotmail.com (not kidding) those look delish and I'm pretty sure the little carnivore in my tummy did a flip when I saw that pic too! I'm salavating. my obituary will read: died happily of pastry overdose. :)

carey said...

Seriously...my mouth started watering as soon as I saw that pic. YUM! This treat says fall...and I need one. Now. :)

Amanda said...

mmmm. Good job!

Lindsay said...

Mmm mmm looks good! Much fancier than anything I can cook! And don't say you don't cook.....you made some delish tacos just a couple of months ago!!