Monday, March 30, 2009

6 Step Desitin Removal


1. Scrape as much Desitin as possible out of the carpet.
2. Wipe with a clean, dry cloth.
3. Cover with baking soda and let sit for an hour or two.
4. Vacuum up baking soda.
5. Clean any remaining residue with a wet rag and a little dish soap.
6. Seek retail therapy.



Note: The knife in my hand is for Desitin scraping purposes. Don't get any ideas.

13 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Ohhhhhhhh, shoot! Sorry about that. Boys. They are trouble. Don't you love 'em! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww:( Once when Tyson was little, he took a whole bar of soap and flushed it down the toilet...It got lodged down in there and we all know what happens when soap sits in water. It was such a goopy mess. Jeremy had to take the whole toilet off to get it out! He also flushed a whole roll of toilet paper once too, still in tact on the roll...

Lizz said...

That would have been good to know. Let me know if he gets a tube of lipstick all over everything, I know how to get that out.

sissyann said...

Sounds alot like the time I had red lipstick all over my front room carpet!!! So glad you got it out!!

All8 said...

Argh, kids. I tell you. Congratulations on getting that mess out of the carpet.

Sharla said...

The look on his face speaks volumes! :) We're out of the desitin phase and into nail polish splatters...

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Good job keeping your cool and having such a positive attitude. You rock! xoxo eliz

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

oh no! that stinks!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

oh my heck! that seriously sucks. good job getting it out!

Ware Family said...

Oy.
I like step 6.
Works for me everytime.

tara said...

seriously. i think his separated at birth twin sister resides in my home:)

want her?

Amanda said...

I am super glad you shared that... it could be very useful for other mom's! I love step number 6!

Jaynan said...

I LOVE that little face! How could he EVER cause trouble!