Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Party Time

Between kindergarten graduation and her 6th birthday, it was a pretty big party week for Isabelle. Of course, she's all about a party. I hadn't realized that she'd inherit the enthusiasm for hosting at such a young age. She often invites people to parties that she's supposedly throwing. She plans out a theme, games, decorations, invitations, etc. Then she extends a sweet invitation to everyone she comes in contact with. At this age, she doesn't see why on earth you couldn't just throw a grand party any old time. Ah, but I digress.

The kindergarten class put on a fashion show as part of the graduation program. The kids wore their favorite clothes, costume, uniform, etc. and walked on the “runway”. Issie chose to use most of the items in her dress up box to put together a fairy princess ensemble aka her evening attire.

Isabelle with the student teacher Mrs. Allen.

Isabelle with her teacher Mrs. Tipton and a friend.


And the birthday party… She struggled between rainbows and unicorns for a while but we eventually came up with a candy party theme (which was good because I wasn’t quite sure how the others would go over with the boys- do boys like unicorns?).

After seeing these on the HWTM blog, I made these lollipop invites.


Isabelle threw on a little pre-party show while we waited for all the guests to arrive.



We made candy necklaces and played a little candy toss game. Originally I was going to use mini m&m bags as bean bags but no one is selling that size right now. So mini snickers it was.




Her cake was a skittles rainbow (two birds with one stone, ya know?). I found this cute number 6 sparkler that we put in the cake. I thought she’d be so excited but really she was more surprised…and disturbed…and confused as to why I was lighting her cake on fire!






I love this girl! She's quirky and funny and sweet, truly sweet.

15 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Those invites are adorable! And I am cracking up picturing Isabelle's face as you lit her cake on fire. hahaha.

Nelson said...

Oh my glory!
I feel like I was there, and I must say...I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
In need of your party expertise, b/c I am lacking in this area. Enjoy attending, but not so good at throwing. Bryn's is next month, and I want to copy everything you did.

Danielle said...

love it!! She looks so big!

Emily said...

Love the video - Max wanted to watch it over and over! It really was a cute and fun little party! We need to give Isabelle ehr present and cake!!!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

oh my stars!
you are amazing! i seriously don't see how you do all of this.
it turned out fantastic!

Hannah said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that was HILARIOUS! they were all so freaked out!

Ware Family said...

Wow, what a busy time of year. Busy, but fun!

sue said...

WHOA!!! Girly overload! How fuunnnn! A skittles rainbow cake? ahhh! I want one! (my b-day's in August... just fyi) And those lollipop invites are too darling.

Amanda said...

Oh, So much fun!! I think that you are creating a great side-kick because you ARE the party thrower!! We will be keeping that invite for a looong time. Too cute!

carey said...

Adorable! I love the outfit...she's ahead of her time!!!

tara said...

i'm a loser.

your kids are LUCKY to have such a fun creative mother:) CUTE party!

Lupe said...

What a creative and fabulous party! Now I want a little girl!

Jaynan said...

You DO throw a perfect party! What a bunch of fun ideas!

Young People in Love said...

ok, seriously, RJ is the cutest, sweetest dad ever! i dont know why...but that's the feeling i really got after watching this :)

Lindsay said...

She is all girl! So cute! Isn't the world a great place when you're a carefree little girl who can play dress up when you want and have your mom throw you the most glorious party? You're a great mom!