Monday, January 21, 2008

Home At Last

August 22, 2007, after weeks of debate, we ordered a couch and chair. (Who knew so much consideration would go into something you sit on?) This is grown-up furniture! No longer would the bachelor pad futon remain in the living room. Hallelujah!

Fast forward to January 19, 2008, we received our couch and chair. That’s how many weeks?? Over 21 weeks! Yeah, pretty ridiculous. It’s a long story involving mills going out of business, making the wrong things, etc. It’s boring too so I won’t put you through it. lol

What matters is that they are finally here! Our very own pieces of maturity. And though it involves worrying more about shoes, runny noses and the like, we are quite happy to have them. :)




This picture doesn't do the colors justice but you get the jist.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Dang - I can't click on the picture to see the detail! :(

Love the new goods! The couch looks great and "fits" in that spot really well! Congrats!

Tanya said...

I love that set! They are a great style and color, exactly what I would like when we get a new place. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, those look nice! I would be so pissed if it took that long!

Young People in Love said...

FANCY! You guys are growing up way too fast ;)
Thanks for your comment, and yes, I love, love, love the shop link! Thanks, Rusti!

Mrs. Walker said...

It's nice having a "grown up" feel to things!

100 Percent Cottam said...

yahoo! new furniture IS a grown-up thing. i'm going to bite the bullet someday.

Lupe said...

Yes, I agree, very mature. I really like it! WOWEE..21 weeks!

tara said...

21 weeks? my word. I would have been spitting bullets. The set DOES look perfect though.
It ages you a good 3-5 yrs. Easy:)

Young People in Love said...

Also, I tagged you! (check out my blog...)

Danielle said...

awesome! congrats! finally!!!

Laura said...

I really like it. Congratulations on maturing!