Monday, January 28, 2008

Something to Share

Oliver is napping. Isabelle is at preschool. It’s blog time. ;)

Enrichment was last Thursday, which I hosted at my house. We had to scramble to put a mini class together because of a stake enrichment mix-up. Anyhow, with a ten minute phone convo we came up with FHE: Making It Work. We had two presenters lined up and refreshments planned. That’s right, we’re efficient. Can I just say, I love our little committee.



Our committee: Me with double chin and Elizabeth looking cute.



Truthfully though, when I hear of lessons on FHE my first thought is…snooze. I know! I’m awful! But I’m happy to say I think we pulled together a class that was both entertaining and informative. I want to share a couple of the ideas we found and created.

Using the idea from
The Idea Door, we created an FHE In A Jar for each of the sisters to take home. This is great. You grab a slip from the jar and there you are, lesson planned. Scripture and songs coordinated with a topic. You think about what you want to add and you’re done. Plus, I think they turned out really cute!



I love this one. Primary FHE. I’ve outlined an entire year using the 2008 Primary themes and songs. I’m excited about this because as the idea came to mind I knew it was going to be the best thing for our family. There are 4 FHE's planned for each month. If there is a 5th week, we'll have a family activity night. If you're having a hard time thinking of an activity, here's a good list of ideas.

And just for funsies, instead of a box of random pens that end up getting lost, we have these. I know we see these in every doctor's office, but I'm quite proud of how these flower pens turned out.

10 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow, you guys are enrichment geniuses! i wish we'd do fun stuff like that. {this from the enrichment leader - me! i don't get much input, unfortunately...}

thanks for the awesome link to the silhouettes on etsy! i will be bloggin' that for sure!!!

Ware Family said...

Wow, you are the woman! I am terrified of ever being in charge of enrichment. I could never be so creative, especially on short notice.
I love the jars, I need something like that.
The pens are so cute.

All8 said...

Wow, great job! Everything turned out very cute!

Kristi said...

Holy Crap, woman! Can I come to your Enrichment? :) I love the FHE in a jar idea and it turned out so cute. And I love the pens, too--I would want those for just every day at my house.

Tanya said...

All of it is so cute! I think you guys did a great last-minute job.

I loved being on the enrichment committee, even though I mostly liked putting the plan into action instead of coming up with a plan.

Way to go!

Mrs. Walker said...

Love the pen idea! So awesome!

Anna said...

Awesome enrichment and I see no double chin!

Tamara ViAnn said...

Ah Rusti you are making me homesick seeing pictures of you and Elizabeth! She lives just two houses away from me. Cute couches by the way. I need to figure out couches in my living room too.

Lupe said...

You've earned your RS Recognition Medallion for rocking the Enrichment! You are too cute!

Holly O. said...

I made my way over from Tara and Natalie, two of my favorite people! Anyway, I love these ideas! And that wall of photos in the background of that top picture is so darn cute. I love it!