Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party Hangover

I'm exhausted today! I'm no stranger to the early morning hours. I habitually fall asleep sometime after midnight. Sometimes, when we're being teased by "24" cliffhangers for example, we'll stay up until 2 or so. I'm thinking the difference is, I'm not used to dealing with crazy people after a certain hour. I have a major headache from all of the screaming teens (and moms alike) that came in mass to Barnes & Noble last night.

There were innumerable PA's about firecode safety. Understandably, this is the last place I wanted to be in the event of a fire.


And there were still more people waiting outside! And this is only one of the dozens of locations throwing a book release party! In-sane!

There were a vast array of "bridesmaids". I wish I had been quicker with my camera and caught what was possibly the most interesting gown of all. Think circus clown meets flapper girl. A one of a kind for sure!

Waiting in line to be judged:


"Victoria" looking just as she will in Twlight the movie. In the picture it's not nearly as obvious but in person she was clearly wearing black contacts.
Supporting my good friend Charity and her sister in their obsession. ;)

A bride-to-be and her bridesmaids:

The line at the Starbucks was at least 100 people long! All. Night.


We ran into some old friends of Elizabeth's wearing homemade tee's.
Front: I need a COLD ONE
Back: Diet Cullen
I wonder how much time it took for a lot of these girls to get ready. This girls hair for example. That's her hair! Perfectly curled and practicaly varnished.

Of all the randomness, there were tons of ladies with tatoos. Tons! I had to steal a picture of "Jack Skellington and Sally". She even came over to show us the Alice in Wonderland inked on her back.

Elizabeth and I split for a couple of hours during the festivities for some shopping and honesly, a break. We had lots of fun but it was a bit much at times. It's quite possible we were the only people there who hadn't read the series more than once. Many proudly announced reading the book at least a half dozen times!
We were exhuasted by the end and SO thankful we got to get our books at midnight. I imagine some had to wait for another hour or so before they got theirs.
Thanks to Heidi for the hook ups and goody bags!

And Elizabeth, I'm so glad you were with me. I had so much fun hanging out and laughing at all the insanity! Hope you're recovering well.

16 comments:

Young People in Love said...

uuummmm...........exxuuuuuse me???
wow. seriously??? i knew those books were in fashion but i had no idea...

glad you survived ;) you look gorgeous, btw.

Amanda said...

Okay! So I am not sure I would have enjoyed the crowd, either! I NEED to see what was in the goodie bag!! I love your vocabulary... quite a fun read :)

Nicole said...

How FUN!!! I would have loved to be there. I love stuff like that. Brady thinks I'm crazy! =)
I can't wait to read the book.

All8 said...

Looks like ya' all had a great time. Did you bring food? After waiting for Harry Potter, that's what I've decided to do, if I'm ever crazy enough to wait for a book in the middle of the freakin' night again. Maybe a lounge chair too.

I haven't read the series, so, what's up with the bridesmaids?

Lori said...

Well - you are braver than I. I love that people were "that" into it. Sheesh! Not that I can say much. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish reading the book. I'm still torn on my feelings about it.

Anonymous said...

You're brave! I would not be able to handle the noise or crowds, not to mention that midnight is way past my bedtime!

carey said...

This looks like a hoot!!! I finally bought it two days ago and I'm loving every page... :)

Michelle said...

How much fun that you guys went to the "release." I've heard this book is the best one yet. I can't wait to read it! Oh and the crazy people dressed up is awesome! I love it!

Jaynan said...

Who ever said teenagers are the wild ones? That looks like a lot of fun!

Lupe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lupe said...

Ack! That was my deleted post!

I didn't know how HUGE this is! It looks like so much fun! I finally bought all the books (including breaking dawn, except for twilight) yesterday. Still looking for twilight. :(

Hannah said...

Your guys' party was way cooler than ours! oh well, yeah i dressed up too. And i've read twilight 8 times, new moon 7, eclipse 8, breaking dawn 1. OBSESSED! hahahahah admiting it is the first step to recovery...but i don't want to recover! oh well... ^_^

Hannah said...

what's wrong with being crazy and dressing up anyway? oh, and go to costco -- way cheap special edition versions of everything.

Nelson said...

Glad you survived. How eventful!

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

this is a long hangover...long time no post ;)

John and Heidi said...

I love the pictures. Those are great. Thanks for sharing. I had such a great time that night. I am glad that you did as well.