Things not to say when your date asks if you’re excited about were you might be going: “I like to keep my expectations low.”
How rude is that?! It was only after the comment was completely out of my mouth (yes, I said it) that I realized how bad it sounded. Of course, I wasn’t meaning to be cruel. You know when you go to a good movie that you had no expectations of, it’s just that much better? Better than watching it for the first time with all the raving reviews tainting your experience? Am I making sense? Well, anyway, that’s the idea I was trying to convey, lame as it was. Idiot. (say like Napoleon Dynamite) Thankfully, RJ has a good sense of humor. He teased me a little and then smiled to himself. Apparently he finds me putting my foot in my mouth endearing.
He took me to Happy Sumo for some of my favorite sushi rolls: Vegas and Cosmopolitan. So! Good! Funny thing- When we walked in RJ asked if we could get a booth. The lady said that they were all taken and the wait would be about 25 minutes. I was about to suggest that we head over to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to pick something up for later when he leaned in to the hostess and said “Actually, I’m RJ.” Huh?!?! Then the hostess says “Oh, RJ, right this way.” Huh?!?!?! She takes us to a booth that been saved for us. Now, the Happy Sumo at the Gateway doesn’t take reservations, at all, but he somehow talked them into saving a booth for us. I’m easily impressed, but I thought that was pretty cool.
Our ticket and a plate of fortune cookies came. I cracked open my first fortune which read: It’s no mystery; RJ loves Rusti with all his heart! (This is about the time I realize that it was a little unusual for a Japanese restaurant to serve these little Chinese treats.) I look over at RJ, who’s still holding a poker face, and couldn’t believe he did these little things to make our date unique and fun. I loved it! Let's do it again sometime. :)
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Dating My Husband
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
This goes down in history as one of the best. I am so happy for you! Very, very impressed with his dating skills.
That is so sweet!
ah! That's amazing!! all the girls I am with right now are so totally impressed! How did he get that fortune cookie?? Awwww! I love it! Nice job RJ!
How cute! I love it, you rarely hear cute stories like that from married people, only from twitter-pated boyfriend/girlfriends! Us married people can get so boring, so that is just awesome that he knows how to liven it up again! Yay for RJ!
You're not talking about MY brother, RJ, right???
That's amazing! What a fun night!
Oh how cute that he set that all up for you!
Impressive! "Actually, I'm RJ" is now officially my favorite line of the day. Nicely played. :)
OHHH! That was too great! What a great guy! Does that line work anywhere?!! Very impressive!
I think I'll leave this up all day and see if Aaron takes a hint. :) Way to go RJ!
That is VERY impressive! I'm gonna send this to Brady. He's always saying "I want to get you something nice for your birthday"...I think I would be happy with what RJ did. That was so sweet of him!
Now, there's a man. Sounds like a great night. Congratulations on the good catch.
Thumbs up to RJ! How sweet was that??? I'm so impressed, Rusti.
BTW, I'm trying my first "Vegas roll" today....can't wait. I can't believe I even live here & have never tried it...yum.
how fun is that?! good for you two! and about a thousand guy points for RJ! way to plan ahead
That seriuosly is "smooth"! How fun to have a "hot date" with your hubby!
LOL!!! that's the sweetest thing i've ever heard!! all from MY BROTHER!! who knew?!?
Yup, husbands everywhere are going to be cursing him because we'll all expect them to step it up!
So looking forward to Love & Logic at your house!!!
Hey Rusti! I love that RJ did something that special!
Hey Rusti! That is awesome that RJ did something that special, tell him to talk to Steve!
Next time Shane and I go out, I'll just have Shane say "Actually, I'm RJ" to the host/ess and see what happens.....
Post a Comment