Sunday, October 21, 2007

Busy Busy

In the last couple of weeks I have hosted both Bunco and Card Group at my house. I'm exhausted but enjoying the benefits. It’s definitely had me motivated to keep my house clean. If ever my house turns into a mess and I have no will to clean it, I just invite someone over for dinner. I swear by that program! :)

Though I’ve had my fill of cooking for a crowd for a good long time, I have really enjoyed trying some new recipes. Thanks to Melisa for the most delicious Panini recipe which was a huge hit at Card Group, we ate them again tonight they were SO good! And thanks to Emily for helping me through my first time making Potato Soup. Sadly, I had to call her every 10 minutes. lol

I’ve also been making Isabelle’s Halloween costume. We’re going back to Tina Miera for costume portraits. (I know- it’s like I’m totally addicted!) I’ll need Isabelle’s costume done by Wednesday. I had her try it on over her pj’s for a reference on size. Then I made her stop twirling while I took a picture… this was the happiest face she could give. Mean mom! (I love that Oliver ran over to get in the picture with her.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Between doing those things we've been to lots of fun places. We went to Kangaroo Zoo where there are about a dozen bounce houses, most with slides. It was a really cute place to play. The kids LOVED it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also, we went to the Clark Planetarium, where Isabelle played on the "moon" and Oliver pointed out every single plant and moon and star.... He added "ball" to his vocabulary that day. :) I thought this 2-story sculpture was pretty cool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We took a small trip to Wheeler Farm. Oliver wanted to touch the geese so badly. Isabelle, the kind big sister she is, touched one for him. This is the day we learned that geese can hiss! And as the goose escorted us away with both wings flapping, I believe Isabelle learned her lesson. lol
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Isabelle’s bunny impression:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oliver was SO excited about the horses!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Danielle said...

cute costume!!!! i LOVE it :D
Looks like you guys had a blast!
Love the bunny face :) Your kids are so cute!

All8 said...

I love the costume. It's just beautiful!

I have the same "operation clean house program". Works wonders!!

Tanya said...

That's a beautiful costume you're making, no wonder she didn't want to stop for a picture. Looks like you have all been having a lot of fun keeping busy!

Nicole said...

Rusti! Your blog is so cute! I love the pictures....especially the ones Tina did. Isn't she amazing?! And, your kiddos are getting so big! Wow!!! Time sure flies by!
Well, I added a link to your page on mine, so I'll stop by and leave a comment here and there!
Take care!

Lupe said...

Love the pics! The costume is too cute! My fave is Oliver's expression seeing the horses..priceless! I'm a bunko fool..so relieved to see there are other 'fools' out there :)