Monday, October 22, 2007

I've got synesthesia! Get it off! :)

One of my many quirks involves associating numbers with colors. I've always done it and assumed it was just some random thing I did with no rhyme or reason to it. Well... I'm not the only weirdo out there! ha ha

Apparently it's a "neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway." What ever that means, right? For me it works like this: I associate single digit numbers with colors, sometimes I even see the color as I discuss certain numbers. Such as:

1= white
2= yellow
3= purple
4= orange
and so on...

So, synesthesia- that's my phenomenon, don't wear it out. ;)

4 comments:

Lupe said...

Wow! I've never heard of this. It actually sounds cool and smart. LOL! :)

Emily said...

Ummmmmm......WHAT?!? I already knew you were crazy, but this just tops it off for me! LOL

Mrs. Walker said...

Cade does kind of the same thing, only with music and colors and whatever.

There was a special on 20 20 the other day, or week, or year. It's pretty crazy!

Sharla said...

Oh, I just have to de-lurk for a minute to tell you that I just love it that you have your very own phenomenon. I have got to get one of those! Cute blog! :)