Sunday, December 9, 2007

25 Freezing Degrees

Two hours of snow play after the sun has gone down in two words: Fah Reezing! Now, I appreciate the glistening white blanket view out my window but it’s a different story when I’m standing in it. Not a fan. But Isabelle, who’s unaffected by arctic temperatures, asked once again with a big, sweet smile, knowing I can’t resist those half-moon eyes. I couldn’t put it off another day. I pulled on ALL of my snowboarding clothes and out we went.



Problem: With Oliver’s spica cast he can’t fit into his snowsuit. Solution: Wear RJ’s snow clothes. Obviously, it’s a little big so we had to bring out Oliver’s belt and synch that bad boy.




Looking slightly out of proportion and wondering what his parents were doing to him.




Voila! What? You’ve never seen a toddler in his dad’s snow clothes before?





I'm sure all the neighbors driving by thought we were crazy but we had a lot of fun together building a snow chair for Oliver and a snowman. I would post a picture but the camera battery had died by that time. And anyway, a snowman is a snowman. Right?

10 comments:

Young People in Love said...

omg- this pic of oliver and rj is hilarious! it looks like a man with a shruken peanut head!

Lori said...

that picture is great. hahahaha

100 Percent Cottam said...

soooo cute! i'm freezing just looking at these pics!

Melissa E Photography said...

Guess WHAT? Ever since I read about you answering the phone in different accents, I have been tempted to give it a try every single time I pick up the phone. But you see, I work from home, and the first language that pops into my head is spanish. So if one of these days I end up saying, "hola, los apartamentos de aspen, soy melisa" it's your fault!

Christina said...

He looks adorable! How creative of you to find a way to bring your boy to the snow- that is a definite sign of a good mama!

Emily said...

Ha ha! That's a pin-head if I ever saw one! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We need to take the kids sledding one of these days!

carey said...

Your blog looks so cute! And what a great looking family!

OK, this is when I'm grateful to live in the heat of the desert (although, it's been pretty darn cold here lately for Vegas).

Tanya said...

Those pictures of Oliver are some of the funniest photos I have seen in a long time! I hope he is recovering well and that you are all hanging in there. The picture of you with Isabelle is a great one!

Anna said...

Wow what good parents playing in the snow that long. Oliver is cracking me up.

Amanda said...

Your kids are so cute! Oliver looks so cute in that huge coat! I will check in from time to time, it looks like you are a more dedicated blogger than I am but maybe you can inspire me!