In the middle of the night I heard a sad, little voice call, “Mom?” I turned over to see a silhouette of Isabelle. She broke down in tears, “I had a really bad dream.” I took her back to her bed and snuggled by her. I asked if she wanted to tell me about it and she nodded.
“Oliver died!” She breaks down again as if just saying it was reliving the nightmare. “I saw him under the water in the bathtub. Nobody was there to help him.” She buried her head in my neck and sobbed. It was so painful to see her so shaken up that I cried too.
She took a breath and said, “I never want him to die.” I reassured her that he was safely asleep in his bed and that we would be sure to take every precaution so that would never happen. She fell asleep sniffling. Isn’t that the saddest dream ever?
She has been giving Oliver tons of hugs and kisses this morning. He acts as if she may be overstaying her welcome in his personal space but he’s been having lots of fun playing with her.
Monday, December 3, 2007
The Saddest Dream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is SO sad!! :( I'm glad she is being so sweet to him now though! She's making up for all the times she tortured him! ha ha!
Emily! Don't say that! Anyway, that is SO sad but cute at the same time! I wonder, will her strong imagination (even the part of oliver actually DROWNING) help her get somewhere in a career in the future??
How SAD. Those dreams can feel so real and so scary. :( What a sweetheart...
The is so sad! Poor thing, she was probably so scared!
That makes me so sad that she had such a bad dream. She must love Oliver a lot. Poor girl.
Post a Comment