Friday, February 8, 2008

S’all Good

It's been over a week since this thing was updated?! What’s up with that? Someone's been slacking. Even Danielle has updated! ;)

Oliver had his 6 week post-cast check-up Monday. His legs are uneven by about 9mm, but the doctor says as long as it’s under 15mm he’s not too concerned. Still, now I’m obsessed with watching him walk and involving everyone around me in my paranoia. Does that look funny to you? Was that a limp?! Hopefully, when he’s measured again in a year they’ll be a little more even.

I’ve been frequenting fabric stores in preparation for flannel baby blankets. Of course, a few extra yards of this or that may have made it in my bag as well. It’s time to make something happen with all the fabric I’ve got tucked away. Anyhow, the love the flannel prints and I’m so happy with how the blankets have turned out. I'm making 6 (3 boy, 3 girl) for a couple of RJ's cousins. They’re big, about 3x5 feet, and SO soft. I prewashed the fabric with Dreft but I may have sniffed all the scent out by now. lol Here's a couple of my favs:



I’m just about finished with my 30 cards for Card Group. I think they've turned out well. Hopefully, the card ladies will too.


We got through Isabelle’s pre-k Valentine’s party with minimal stress. She signed her whole name on her cards so well. I’m so proud of my chica! :) I only wish I could have been there to see them exchange their Valentine’s. Remember how much fun that was when you were a kid?

Other than those things and creating some party invites for a friend, I’ve been enthusiastically avoiding my other responsibilities. Now I need to go find out what all of you have been doing. I’m sure you’ve been better at updating and if you haven’t –get posting slacker! ;)

14 comments:

tara said...

look at you, you super creative you.
I'm uber impressed:)

All8 said...

Very cute stuff!

carey said...

You have that crafty creative gene, you lucky! LOVE the blankets and the cards both - what awesome taste you have. ;)

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, pretty pretty! very cool.

Emily said...

Love those cards! The blankets turned out so cute! Let's make some more stuff! (did I really say that??)

Danielle said...

hey!!! what kind of crack was that??? :( okay, fine, i guess i need to be better. ;) Anyway, I love your blankets! super cute! when are you gonna show me how to do that?

Tanya said...

Those blankets are so cute, I love those prints!

Those cards are so nice too. You are so creative! You'll have to show me more of your cards and we really need to get together to make some.

Tamara ViAnn said...

oooo I love the cards you made! So pretty. I love doing crafty projects.

Anonymous said...

Ha, it's been a week since I posted too. I'm a loser slacker.

Lupe said...

What's up with the creative sewing divas? Emily and now you? (or vice versa..) I'm thinking I need to bust out my sewing machine and sew something...

Great job, by the way!!

Lori said...

I love the apples!!!!

I got your message. I'll call you back I promise! This week will be crazy, but I will call you back. :)

Ware Family said...

glad you're back.

Sharla said...

So, so cute!

Kristi said...

Dude, you are so freakin talented. You're making jars and cards and blankets left and right. I love them!!