
Flyer
Invitation
Decorations
I'm finally getting around to blogging March’s Enrichment Night, which was SO much fun! We went potluck, so we had a delicious variety of fresh salads and soups in bread bowls. The decorations took a bit of time (about 12 hours in all) but they made a big impact and cost very little. I just wish I had thought to take a picture before we started cleaning up!
I created this purse poster for our presenter to use as a visual. I love visuals and I had so much fun making this up, even if it is a tad on the cheesy side. So here’s the jist: The purse is used as a metaphor for life and each item represents something that takes our time. The poster is put up and the “necessities” are added in:
Wallet: prayer
Keys: going to the temple
Cell phone: fulfilling our callings
Lipstick/Make up: taking time for ourselves, meditation, journaling
Medicine: reading scripture, going to church
Gum: staying close to our family
Then the “extras” are added in, and are placed over the “necessities” so you can’t see them:
Teddy bear: play dates, activities and sports
Receipts: shopping
Socks: laundry
Snacks: cooking
Brush: hair appointments, spa days, etc.
Floss: dentists appointments
Camera: scrapbooking
Water bottle: gym time, exercising
We talked about when we have a new purse it’s organized, filled with only essentials and everything is easy to find. But as we go through life we end up collecting extras, things continue to be added into our purse until it’s too full and it’s become hard to find our keys (aka time to go to the temple). The “extras” are all fine and good things but sometimes we fill our lives with so much good that there isn’t room for the great. We lose sight of our priorities and our cell phone (time for visiting teaching) gets lost. The whole theme was sort of centered around the Good, Better, Best talk. We also shared a talk from Bonnie D. Parkin that fit the theme.
One thing that had us laughing pretty good was when we gave prizes for the following:
Heaviest purse: winner’s purse was over 10 lbs
Lightest purse: barely 2 lbs.
Most cards: winner stopped counting at 42
Most receipts: winner stopped counting after 50
Most coins: I don’t remember, but a ridiculous amount
Strangest object in purse: a miniature bottle of ketchup
We finished the night with some dessert and a service project. Two quilts that admittedly took a lot longer to tie than we thought. About 10 of us stayed until 10:30! We’re still learning. haha
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Purse Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
that sounds fantastic and looks like so much fun!!!
Wow... I am speachless! That is the most well thoughtout lesson with the cutest poster and invitations I have EVER seen! What a good analogy... I think I will remember it forever and I wasn't even there! :)
What a fun enrichment night! Love the decor- I need to learn how to make those floofy pom pom balls- they look great!
I love this idea! I can't believe all of the planning you guys did. It looks great!
I Love the puffy balls (who wouldn't?) and your Enrichment ideas--You are one talented woman...such a cute idea.
what a cool idea! (not to mention incredibly well thought out and executed.) you are a seriously kick A enrichment leader. Amazing rusti.
looks like it was an awesome night! You did a fab job :) and btw, love the new blog colors :)
What a cute idea. Looks like you put a ton of work into it!
What a great lesson! You are so creative.
I also want to learn how to make the hanging decorations, please post instructions!
No. Way. We just did the same thing! Only now, I'm wishing we hadn't done it yet so I could steal that adorable poster... :)
That was such a fun enrichment Rusti! I love those puff ball things... they were amazing! Definitely keep those on hand for the future. Great job!
What a fantastic Enrichment! I'm so impressed with the thought and work that went into it!
WOW. First the most amazing apron EVER then...THIS!? You seriously blow me away, Rusti. So, so talented.
Oh my goodness you get a TON of comments. I'm so glad I read this entry since I didn't make it to this meeting. I totally LOVE the comparison. I'm dying to know who were the winners of the "awards!"
LOVED the colors you put together- it was adorable. I can't stop laughing over the ketchup- that was hilarious!
I'm sad I missed this Enrichment since I was out of town. It looked like so much fun. Seriously, you've got a lot of talent. I'm amazed at what you can put together. I loved the invitation and the decorations! So cute! I can't wait for the next Enrichment- I WILL be there!
I followed a link from Mormonchic.com and found your blog. I LOVE this idea, and if you don't mind, we will be using this for our enrichment! Thanks for being so creative! It makes it easier for people like me who are NOT creative! :)
Post a Comment