Last nights Mini Class rocked! Dave (Elizabeth’s husband and fifth degree black belt) taught Self-Defense. We kicked and punched and blocked and strangled… yes, it was an all around good time. I learned some new things and more importantly I gained some confidence that I could get myself out of an attack. Did you know that you are supposed to punch someone with the first two knuckles? I had no idea, though it makes sense now. They are stronger than the third and fourth (which if used could lead to a Boxer’s Fracture). You learn something new everyday.
Tomorrow (Friday) morning Isabelle is having her mole removed, finally. I’m so nervous about it. I won’t be allowed in the room during the procedure, though I’ll be there when they sedate her and when she is waking up. I'll post an update afterward.
**UPDATE**
We are home and Isabelle is doing really well. Obviously, quite sore but she's in good spirits. She seemed hesitant suddenly when we walked into the room where they would be doing the procedure but followed instructions so well and was asleep within a couple of minutes. It was harder than I thought it would be to leave her in there but I got to see her again within 40 minutes. The doctor said it went smoothly and she was sure she'd heal nicely. She couldn't have loved her nurse more after she brought over a bag of Cheetos for her. She'd been starving since she wasn't allowed to eat since dinner last night. She was very happy and very orange!
We'll be keeping her on Tylenol & Motrin and doing our best to keep the incision dry (that is going to be a challenge) for a couple of days. Should be smooth sailing from there and we'll have the lab results in about a week.


14 comments:
We will keep you guys in our prayers! That's always scary stuff. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you! LOVE YOU!
Woah! Awesome class! You'll have to give me some pointers! :)
Good luck Isabelle! Good luck Rusti! You'll be in our thoughts all day.
Good luck to you and Isabelle! I hope all goes well.
I still think I could take you quite easily though.
Hope everything went smoothly with Isabelle and you guys can go home and take a load off for a while.
i'm glad it went smoothly and she got that removed from her...body :D
I'm so glad that she's okay. It's always a worry for us momma bears when our babies need help.
I think you should do a youtube segment and show us your new skills.
The class sounds awesome...Glad it went well for Isabelle!
Thanks for the update about Isabelle.
I am so glad it is over with, and that everything went well.
glad to hear that things are going well! we're thinking of you!
also - i am supposed to get ahold of you and Emily to ask about a possible Hollberg family reunion. I don't have your number or email...so maybe give me a ring if you have mine? (or something!) Suzanne wants to know what weekends are not available for you guys in July and August.
Take care you guys!
did you see kip dynamite at the class??:)
I am so bummed I didn't hear about that mini class! Sounds like fun!
It is so scary when things go amuck with our babies.
I'm glad your baby is ok!
And if I ever meet you in a dark alley, well, thank goodness you're my friend!
I'm so sad I missed the class. I called Sheryl on Thursday to ask what time and where it was at... I guess I need to pay more attention in class so I don't call a day late next time.
There's nothing worse than leaving your children in someone else's hands when they're so vulnerable. I'm glad the procedure went well.
My Daughter, punching, kicking and strangling..I can't imagine!! But strangely it makes me feel more relived that you can do that!!Rusti, what a beautiful, intelligent, witty and good hearted person you have grown into. I don't know that I can take any credit for that but I would like to think I made some kind of a contribution to the woman you are today. Everytime I look at your blog and see your sweet family it makes me cry. (overkill) I love you more than I can say.
Post a Comment