Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update on the Weight Loss War



The plan was to lose 5 lbs in two weeks. Though I was quite on target with working out, I was easily tempted by anything sweet within a 50 foot radius. I had my strong moments...and my weak ones (recalling my diabolical competitor baiting me with a chocolate chip cookie the size of my fist). I did manage to drop 3 lbs and you know that's something to celebrate!

I'm starting to feel a change coming on. I'm feeling a tad more in shape these days and that's where my motivation comes from- seeing results. As of today, I'm down 10 lbs! The difference I'm feeling is the result of (I think) 40 minute weight training I'm doing twice a week. I've dropped most of my cardio- just a 5 minute warm up is on the agenda. I've realized that pushing myself with the weights is getting my heart rate going quite well anyway.




9 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

Way to go! 10 lbs. is awesome. It's amazing how losing just that much can make you feel better.

tara said...

don't waste a away on us lady. ten lbs. is HUGE! Doesn't weight training make you feel INVINCIBLE? i love it. Been WAAAAY too long for me. oops.

Danielle said...

WoooHooo!!! Nice job!!! Who was the evil cookie tempter? I can never resist sweets, they are as kryptonite to me.

Emily said...

I'm telling ya - the weight training is the BEST!!! Maybe I will actuallyy get rid of my relief society arms once and for all! :) Congrats on the 10 lbs!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I need to get motivated. I know I can do it, it just has to be the right time.

Jaynan said...

It's always so exciting to SEE results when you've been working hard. Congrats!

Nelson said...

I am personally so proud of you! If we lived closer I would bring over some cookies and celebrate with you. Don't worry, you wouldn't have to eat any of them, I would take care of that part.

Young People in Love said...

You look SO fabo! Awesome work, Rusti!

All8 said...

That's fabulous!!!!! If you need to put it back on at any point, I have plenty that I'm more than willing to share. ;D