Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sock It To 'Em

The weather is cooling off and Stoked On Socks, a non-profit charity organization, is feeling an urgency to collect more socks to deliver to the homeless and others in need. After touring a local homeless shelter years ago, Katie & Mitch learned the the number ONE requested item amoung the homeless is a new pair of socks. Socks! How simple! This year they'll be hosting a "Sock Hop" at Z Pizzeria. We're going to make a family date out of it. I'm excited to take my kids to the store to pick out socks. Oooo, this could even make a great FHE lesson the Monday before. (I should at least do one this year, right? Oy!) Here's the info:


Sock Hop!
Bring a package of new socks to donate,
enjoy delicious pizza & dance the night away!
Nov. 8, 2008
6-9 pm
Z Pizzeria
3295 S. 2000 E.
Salt Lake City
http://www.stokedonsocks.org/

Please come join us for this great cause, and help warm some feet!
This is your personal invitation. Pass it on to friends, family, neighbors, random people you barely know...everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and what an awesome lesson for the kids. Hey, I'm not homeless and I still LOVE socks.

Danielle said...

Ah! how fun!! I totally want to go!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

I am going to talk to Aaron and see. I think this is such a great idea!

Nelson said...

thank you.
bless your heart.