Saturday, November 1, 2008

Coneheads

To give Isabelle’s princess costume that little extra something, I went the extra (ridiculously long) mile. I didn’t go to bed before 3am all week. There was more cutting, sewing, unstitching, gathering, sewing, unstitching, gathering and chocolate than anything I’ve ever done before. It was WAY too much work for a dress you only wear one day but then again she was so happy. It was very special to her and I know it’s going to be something she’ll remember forever. So, I guess it was worth it.

Oliver was such a star. I was worried people wouldn’t know what he was. Definitely not the case. Everywhere we went we’d hear people announce the “traveling gnome” coming up. He was just so cute! Whenever his beard would move out of place he’d say “peas, help mine beawd”.


School parade



Trick or Treating at RJ's office building.








Trick or Treating in the neighborhood.



A good pic of Oliver's stuffed belly.


Painting pumpkins the night before.



20 comments:

Danielle said...

AH!! Your costumes are gorgeous!! I can't believe the effort you put in! Oliver's costume cracks me up! So rad!

Anonymous said...

Those are great costumes! They put a smile on my face. Too cute.

Lindsey Montague said...

On my, I have to make my Jack a gnome next year! I love it. And with the last post, one day we found Jack's bleach blonde hair colored in with black permanent marker (thanks to big bro) and Josh's face done up with dry-erase marker on the way to CA. No more markers here either!

Kizzie said...

How cute! They look adorable, I love their costumes! Good job!

Jaynan said...

I've been looking forward to seeing these pictures ever since I read your RSVP comment on evite. I LOVE the costumes! Did you make his too? And about the "only one night" thing... there's always dress-up right?

Anna said...

Awesome costumes. Im totally having my sister snoop your blog. She has wanted Dall to be a gnome for 2 years now, my family thinks he looks like one naturally!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

These costumes crack me up! Great work, mom!

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

totally worth the work-I'm to the age where I can thank my mom for all the late night/last minute "gotta have it" costumes. I love the gnome idea! adoreable~!

Tanya said...

Those costumes are both fabulous!!! Isabelle's is divine and I love how fun Oliver's is. Way to go!

Caroline said...

that's awwwsweet. like awesome and sweet together into an ultimate space-robot-machine-guy

Amanda said...

Oh, My GLORY! That was cute. Isabelle looks enchanting, and the traveling garden nome was adorable... you are fabulous.

Mindi said...

that gnome = my newest favorite kiddie costume!

genius!

Emily said...

I thought I already commented here! WTFreak?!

I'm dying over Oliver's costume - and I'm laughing at the blank stare he has is all the pics! lol
Isabelle's costume is SO her - LOVE it!!

Nicole said...

OH WOWIE!!! That dress looks awesome! I made mine too, but it only took 3 days...and doesn't look even CLOSE to that amazing! You are so talented, and to think you did it with 2 little kiddos running around! =) I love it!

carey said...

Oh my gosh, Rusti! Those are some seriously amazing costumes!!! They look adorable and I'm so impressed. :)

Young People in Love said...

WHAT THE!?!?! Omg. I can't breathe. The amazing sewing skills + Oliver as the travelocity gnome is too much to handle!!

You are amazing. Costume whiz kid of all time, folks. Right here.

Steph said...

Holy Toledo! You are amazing! I had no idea how creative and talented you are, especially after last night at RS when I was say how uncreative I am.

Those are fabulous costumes!

Kristi said...

Holy crap--could thecostumes be cuter? I'm not kidding. You are one talented woman, for real--I could never pull off anything this cute for my kids. :)

Lindsay said...

Awwww cutie tooties!!! I love Oliver's costume, I just want to squeeze him!

Elizabeth Douglas said...

Isabelle-

I like your costume very much! I like Oliver's costume too. If you get this comment, tell me if your mom and dad were anything for halloween.

Love - Lydia