It's been a while since the surgery but lots of people have asked about it. Besides, it's about time I posted something, right? I've been low on blog mojo but I will post more soon.
Oliver's surgery went very well. He rode to the OR on a bed inside a wagon and thought that was about the coolest thing ever. He was smiling and waving goodbye as the surgeon pulled him out of sight.
That was the hardest part. I just stood there by the doors outside the restricted area for about 20 minutes not really knowing what to do with myself while my son was in there.
He kept his T-rex with him the whole time. The staff even gave it a matching hospital bracelet. Afterward he kept the T-rex near him for days as if it were the only thing could understand what he went through. It was pretty sweet.
He healed very quickly and didn't need pain meds for long. I really don't think it could have gone smoother.

8 comments:
Oh, I know that feeling of letting them go & then wondering how it all went...I'm so glad things went smoothly, Rusti! He is such a cute little dude. :)
I'm glad things went smoothly for Oliver! He is a gorgeous kid! I love that he has his dino right by his side.
I'm so glad everything went well. He is so cute with that t-rex!
I'm so glad that everything went well for little Oliver, but most importantly, for you. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing. It's good to have you "back".
It's nice to know details just in case anyone else finds themselves in your shoes! T-rex was a perfect companion!
Oh, that makes me want to cry! I just remember Ashlyn leaving through OR doors and feeling the same helpless feeling.
Oliver really is a beautiful little boy!
T-Rexes are excellent companions. So glad everything went well!
Post a Comment