We saw our first live nativity tonight. I was driving to RJ’s office when I called and asked what he thought about going. I was excited when he said he wanted to go but then realized that, in my assumption that he wouldn’t have time to, I wasn’t really prepared for the cold. Just coats. Everything else was freezing. (I’m starting to see this is a common theme in my December posts. lol) BUT it was totally worth it! It was so well put together. Dozens of people in costume. The kids were excited to see the camel, goats, lamb and such. I was looking forward to arriving at the manger. I thought that it would be a really sweet, what I didn’t expect was that it’d make me cry.
This is Oliver pretending he's a dog. Apparently this is how they pant. lol Thanks for the hat Emily!
We had more fun than expected putting this together this year. And Isabelle couldn't be more pleased with her design. :) We don't have a Christmas village, though I've always wanted one. But I have a new idea. I'm thinking each of us will make a gingerbread house each year and display them. That will be our village. Whether or not that happens all depends on what I think about it next year. lol
Just for kicks I thought I'd throw in this picture I took out my backdoor. Um, does this mean anything?

8 comments:
ooh, i love that last pic. gorgeous!
I don't know if I can go tonight. It's my friend's b-day so my friends and I are either taking her to lunch or dinner. If it's lunch, then I can go. Are you going?
you lucky duck. up there in all that snow.
I need to haul my butt the live nativity near me. Everyone says it's very sweet.
I want to go to a live nativity. That pic from your back door was crazy!
I found the Christmas tins at one of those party stores. They have snowmen around the sides and a large one on top. They were on sale too!! I tried the altoids tin but they were too large to fit so these worked great.
I used stickers on regular scrapbook paper. I think that they would have worked better if they hadn't of had a shiny surface. Some of them, you can still see the glue, but maybe if I had used the E6000 instead of the Sobo it wouldn't have been a problem.
Anyway--Thank you!
The live nativity sounds amazing. Glad that you had fun.
I meant that the magnets were too large for the Altoids tin. And the stickers had a shiny surface, not the paper. Man, I need an edit function!!
Fantastic last picture!
I don't think we have a live nativity going on around here-- and now I know that i'm missing out!
the last picture is of cirus clouds - the highest in altitude. most of the time, they mean bad weather is on it's way.
Post a Comment