
Until recently, I can’t remember being so interested in one persons style. Clearly the 90’s had me fashion-confused. There were many sad attempts to dress cool as I tried developing my own style. I’m just now recalling a great example. I’m laughing though I’m totally repulsed. A total wreck: baggy jeans that were actually a little on the short side, crop top, chunky 4” heels and a choker. {{{shudder}}} I feel sorry for the memory of myself. Someone should’ve taken that poor girl aside.
So, I’ll admit out of complete boredom (RJ’s been working around the clock) I’ve been checking out shows online, including Lipstick Jungle. I’m sorry to those who are fans but the script is just awful. Awful. However, I continued to watch through several episodes just to see what character Victory Ford would be wearing next. Again I’ve been totally impressed. I love her jewelry, her clothes, how she does her hair… I love her elegant and yet a little bit funky style. Can you be funky and elegant at the same time?

Who are/were your fashion icons?? Leave me a comment or post it on your blog (and let me know you did so I can check it out).

14 comments:
Punky also had my vote as a little girl! I tried and tried to capture her essence. I also tried to emulate "Annie." Must tell you that the short curly red hair was NOT a good look for me. Had to learn the hard way.
Never seen this show or actress, but I absolutely love her style!
Wish I would have ran into you at Dave Ramsey's event. I was in the bleachers section Q, wishing I was VIP like you.
i LOVE 98% of what Sarah Jessica Parker wears on Sex n the City. Yeah, i admit it, i watch it! She's so cute! Wish i could pull that stuff off.. or at least had some of that stuff to wear :)
Love the visual image of you in your unicorn hair style, lol.
K, so not sure why I am posting a comment........I guess just to say, I was way excited to see Punky Brewster again! She was one of my absolute fav's growing up. As far as style and fashion are concerned........I know NOTHING about either! Fun post!!
I loved Punky Brewster. Thanks for bringing up such a fun childhood memory. As for my icon as a kid... Christie Brinkley. What a babe! I grew out my bangs so I could look just like her, only as a twelve-year old I failed miserably. When I come across pictures of myself during the "Christie" phase I just want to burn them all.
ha...don't kill me but I had never seen a pic of punky...I've just been told I have her face when I do pig tails in my hair..ha nice to know that's what I er...look like. I love pretty much anything vera wang comes up with, I'd say she's my dressy fashion icon.
I completely understand. I am too old to dress like the college kids, which is unfortunately the only type of clothing sold around here. Not that hoochy momma was ever my style, but it's that or great grandma kinds of clothes and that just doesn't seem to suit me either. So, that said, I don't have any advice, other than, if you love it (and it's modest) wear it like you own it. A great attitude makes the best outfit.
Punky brewster was a fav! I loved her bed even more..
I loved Punky Brewster too! My whole family watched it all the time! I totally forgot about Punky Brewster until I read your blog!!! To answer your question (from my blog) yes I do have preschool lined up for next year. But the school I have lined up is full. Call me if you want to get on her waiting list. She is only teaching one class next year.
She's stunning! A long way from her stint on 90210.
I used to love watching Punky, but my Mom never would let me dress that way, and I can't honestly say I blame her..
i don't have any fachon icons, but i have fashon um de-idons? never let any of your kids ever EVER dress like the jonas brothers *shudders*
Maybe the world is blind, or just a little unkind, d'know. Seems you can't be sure, of anything anymore, although... I planned my life around Punky. Maybe that's why I still have no sense of style...I rely on friends and fam to tell me what to wear. (or what not to in some cases!)
this might be kind of embarrassing, but surprisingly, i never had a fashion icon...i was always pretending i was an animal or something. hmph. i always knew there was something wrong with me.
come to think of it - i did watch "clarissa explains it all" but only because she had an annoying brother like i did.
Ooooo - LOVE her style, Rusti. (a little more than Punky's). People that come to mind for me are Wynona Ryder, Hilary Swank, Kirsten Dunst...I'm with you - I like a classic style with a little bit of an edge or something funky added to the mix. ;)
Post a Comment